Hip Hop Yoga + First Base + Surfing = Summer


I'm stoked. All this clean air and clean living down on the coast the past few months (has it only been 3 months?!) has started to show - I've lost my winter layer(s) due to loads of yoga and not much boozing. (Surfing is to follow soon, goddam!)

Feels bloody great. I want to high-five everyone after yoga class.


I tried a hip hop yoga class in Melbourne last weekend. I've been hearing about this hip hop yoga thing for a while and it's so my vibe so I was stoked when it hit Melbourne. There's been so many times in yoga classes where I wished I could pop on a playlist to push on through. Goodbye chanting and hello bass.


Like hip hop, the class was a lil' loose, a lil' renegade and a lil' intense. The young 20 something, Sammy, who runs the studio works you through your paces with not much instruction. So I sweated profusely and hit it. And when I realised most of the class were about 10 years younger than me, well, it made me go that much harder.


And also rethink my yoga wardrobe. It's time to reignite my love affair with grey marle. I've just discovered this label, First Base, and it's got yoga and apres-surf stamped all over it. Now I'm living West Coast, it's time to bring it. Om-shanti-shanti-boom!

Comments

Popular Posts