Dream surf van / wagon / truck - number 27

Landcruiser in the Point Radknight carpark. 
I had my first post-work surf in weeks at Torquay on Wednesday and as I was waiting for a mate in the carpark, pulling on my leopard print one-piece followed by the trusty wettie, I spotted a babe in the van next to me checking the waves.

She was just so cool.

Cool sunnies, cool van, cool vibes. Definitely a surfer.

(For the purpose of this story, let's all pretend she was driving the Landcruiser and not her Hi-ace.)

In my newfound coastal 'I'm a local' friendliness (talking to strangers has always freaked me out because I'm shy), I asked if she was going in. We then started chatting and with her cool Euro accent she asked me why I wasn't surfing at Bells. Ha! The hilarity! Me at Bells?! Yeah, right.

She then asked me what I was up to after the surf. I was busy with a night ahead of reading surf magazines (funner than it sounds...) and so was missing out on a weekly hang out of local surfer babes. The babes all bring an ingredient each, cook, talk surf and hang out. Awesome. As the Euro surfer babe told me, 'Us ladies, we need to stick together out in the line-up'. I'm going along to the next one. Yew!

The view from surfer babe's van. Was a fun little sesh!



Comments

Popular Posts