Babes on Waves - Kassia Meador


Oh, how the Indo trip seems many moons ago. Due to me being a huge fan of Kassia, I stumbled upon this radical little movie by Coast Thru Life - Kassia showing us how fun is done in the 9ft and Single Logfest.

As I have mentioned before, I was a little bit dubious about the commentary of the other female competitor at the comp. However, Kassia is one of the Deus inner circle so no comments were made about her figure (which is a beautifully fit one, I might add). I was standing next to her at a few of the Deus shindigs but I was too shy to talk to her. Maybe next year I will get over my shyness and say hello.

Since moving down the coast last week, I've had to pour myself a cup of concrete and harden up when it comes to the shyness thing. Have met a bunch of locals at my new job, been thrown a welcome dinner by a friend-of-a-friend and taken myself off to yoga classes. By jingo, everyone is so friendly. Lovin' it sick.

Sadly, no surfing though. 

Since doing something weird to my shoulder three months ago, every few weeks I get slammed with intense pain that requires me to pop my emergency valium when the voltaren and ibruprofen have stopped working. 

What a bag of dickerish.

(I overheard this phrase in the Bells Beach carpark on the weekend as I stopped by to watch the babes getting changed waves.) 

Shoulder pain or no shoulder pain, at least I'm still capable of doing the surf check! Yeeeeeow!

Kassia leaving the Echo Beach carpark. Wowsers. Operation:HotBitch needs to get into full effect, stat!



Comments

Popular Posts