What would Beyonce do? - Lessons from the Mrs Carter tour

Leopard print onesie with a bustle... I die!
My mantra in life is 'What would Beyonce do?'. This lady is my inspiration.

So you can imagine how freakin' pumped I was to see her last night in Melbourne for the first gig of the Australian tour. It was a dream come true seeing her again. At her last Australian tour I was so overcome when I went to snap photos, my hands were shaking.

Last night I didn't want to be a loser who records and snaps the whole way through the concert (What are you doing?! Remove the camera and bask in the glory of Queen Bey!) but had to try to capture my  favourite outfit.

Leopard print onesie and a bustle- now that's a direction wetsuits could take.

In between costume changes (and there were a few) a giant video screen played Queen Bey vignettes. I was transfixed and one in particular had me grab my notebook to write notes (nerd!).

On screen as Queen Bey is posing in leather hot pants and bustier looking fire hazard hot she says, 'When you become a woman you are given the gift of sexuality ... and it gives you power ... harnessing the power of your body gives you responsibility.'

Goddam.

This is why I love Beyonce.

I felt like poking the teens and tweens around me and saying 'Listen and take note, you young sprites!' I hope they did.

And it got me to thinking about surfing - of course.

Even though I am on the beginner end of the surfing spectrum, I also do love an outfit. And do try to look sexy sometimes. But I have been rather reluctant to break out some of the saucier outfits for when I do the surf check and hit the waves. I do have a leopard print one-piece but it's hidden by my wetsuit. Why? Because I'd feel like a kook strutting about in my NLP and Neon neoprene.

But, you know what?

I'm going to harness the power of my body - and my booty - and start bringin' it to my local surf spots. The old salties better look out. I'm bringing a glitter cannon. It's time for a key change.

Comments

Popular Posts