Dream surf van / wagon / truck - number 28


Summer is oh so coming and the weekend warriors are back with a vengeance and the carparks are full. Am I turning into a grumpy local? Hope not.

Last Saturday was beautiful. Light offshore wind, clean 2-3fters and I counted 25 longboarders out at Urquharts Bluff. Did it bug me? Not a bit.

As soon as I paddled out I saw a few familiar faces. Even the old salty who does head stands and gives me tips.

I paddled over, grinning ear to ear, with a big 'Hello, Rodney! It's been so long!'.

There was a babe I'd seen around last summer so we started chatting. She's awesome. After a while, I pointed at Rodney as he cruised past and said, 'How amazing is Rodney? Such great style!'

Surfer babe replied, 'Rodney? That's Brendan.'

Oh great. I've been calling Brendan Rodney for months and he's never corrected me. Maybe it's the way I enthusiastically greet him. 'Rodney!'

I asked surfer babe her name and we caught some waves for a while as Brendan/Rodney critiqued us. Good times.

Surfer babe and I decided to exchange numbers. As I was punching in her number I said, 'Hey, it's so great to meet you properly, Tara.'

Surfer babe replied, 'It's Deana.'

Cripes.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts