Baberaham surfer - number 3

The Renegade snapped with my trusty Olympus Trip
Dirka is the renegade of the Baberahams - and with Schwarznegger swagger will tell you, 'I am NOT a Baberaham!' This man mountain (he's 6ft 6) is a solo mission kinda guy.

Our friendship blossomed a few years ago in a swimming lane of Fitzroy pool. We were both getting bikini ready for some summer overseas travel (Dirka home to South Africa, me to Mexico) and at his suggestion started swimming training together.

Our name: 'Club Concrete'.

Our motto: 'Pour yourself a cup of concrete and harden the f**k up'. It's kinda stuck.

I love beach times with the Dirks. We surf and he either dishes out encouragement or cups of concrete flow freely. (I respond well to both.) Then we drink, we barbeque, we eat way too much and talk about how this summer will be 'The One'. Summer's not quite finished yet...

Comments

Popular Posts