Main beach

Spent the weekend up north watching guys surf out the front of main beach in boardshorts!! What a luxury! It was 27 degrees, sunny and clear blue skies...Melbourne 10 degrees. I watched the locals intently and studied the water, why didn't I just go and hire a board and give it a crack? Was it that it was unfamiliar territory, been so far away from the cold of Fairhaven? I know I would of had more balls if Gillbraham was going in with me.

Gold Coast

So instead of getting down about it I decided to take the time to just observe some dudes who can legitimately surf. The Gold Coast is an odd place, nowhere else can you go for a walk down the beach at 6am in the morning and a burly Russian is taking nude snaps of a young blonde. Apparently these sitings are common. I pondered over the ratio of silicone implants compared to that of other Australian cities, the stats must be high here. Tits ahoy!

Main Beach

At dinner on Saturday night had a yarn with a surfer who's been cruising around oz and hoping to buy some land in Bali. It reminded me of my goal to be surfing Indo for my 30th. Again, the advice they all give you, just be patient and keep at it. Well I'm definitely going to have to work on my consistency, just hard knowing the water down south is getting colder by the day. Fingers crossed there is Main Beach part 2 and if I am lucky Zombie will come with me and we'll go get dumped in some warm northern water


Zombie

Posted by Kareen.

Comments

Popular Posts