Deus ex Machina 9ft & Single Logfest

Since I started surfing a couple of years ago, I have dreamed of going along to this babe fest log fest. Now, I'm absolutely stoked I'll be there next week to see what all the fuss is about. And it's looking superdooper fun!

When Amber and I turn up on Friday night, we'll go to the art opening featuring Drew Wellman's work then watch this doco projected onto a bed sheet and have a coupla beers.


Come Hell or High Water Trailer from Woodshed Films on Vimeo.

Once they have us all frothy about body surfing there will be a comp the following morning - 'gentleman's rules'. I have my saucy Neon ready to go, but I can tell you right now, I'll be the one on the beach watching the antics, not making a fool of myself in the beachies. I have alllllllll week to do that.

One of the legends of surfing, Bob McTavish, will be hosting a Shapers Forum in the afternoon. I expect my brain will scramble trying to understand what these fellas will be talking about, but I'm going to do my darnedest.

Mr Bob McTavish at work
The final day of the festivus is the 9ft & Single Log Fest itself followed by an awards ceremony and a shindig in the evening. Yew! By this stage Amber and I hope to have met some lovely peeps who will be kind enough to pass on some advice on where to go to next to find some friendly waves for us lil' ladies to frolic in for the week. And give a red hot go and surfing our arses off too.






Comments

Popular Posts