Camp Rad - a 2012 happy ending

Surfing with the ole salties at Urquharts
It was a mad dash to the finish line at work pre-Christmas so I was frothing to head down to Camp Rad   (btw, now up for holiday rentals!) and jump in the water.

Devastatingly (and typically) there weren't many waves to be had but I was determined to froth out with the old salties at Urquharts. Plus, I kept telling myself that Camp Rad will be mine for the next 29 years and 11 months so surely there will be waves eventually.

Despite the lack of swell something miraculous happened and I scored some beautiful waves. And after watching others do it for so long I have worked out what I like to call a 'happy ending' - riding the wave and then turning up and over the edge with a celebratory leap off the board.

I'm praying to Poseidon that the coming weeks will bring bigger swell and bigger happy endings (all double entendre intended.. I can't help it) and more Camp Radness to be had.

My board Duke Makuloverlover on the left feeling pooped after so many happy endings

Comments

Popular Posts