Top 5 surf vans of 2013

One of my new years resolutions (there's 18 of them) is to buy a new car. Old Ducky, my 1983 rusty Toyota Corolla, I fear is on the way out. So now I'm faced with the joyous decision of what to buy next. So I'd thought I do a trawl through the surf vans I've blogged about in 2013 and pull my top 5 faves.

Without further ado and in no particular order...

1. Toyota Landcruiser

To me this says - smokin' hot lady surfer showing the boys a thing or two at Winkipop surf van. I can see her standing perched on the bonnet watching the sets roll in.... and then dominating. Boom!


2. Landrover County

Sure it's the Discovery's poor cousin, but dayyyyhm it's a man's surf van, nay, surf truck! Manly men do manly things in this beast.


3. Vintage Holden somethin' somethin'

Can anyone tell me the model? (Jeez, I hope it's not a Ford...). In this ute I'd sleep in the back under the stars after an epic day's longboarding, Shazam (my future dog) snuggled at my feet.


4. VW Caravelle

One of my favourite local surfers who I'm sure is the good-looking cousin of Martin Sheen circa Apocalypse Now owns this beauty. His surfing style matches his car. Damn classy.


5. Holden HQ Panelvan

Okay, I admit it, I have saved the best till last. There is nothing sweeter than the sound of these engines. Imagine sleeping in the back with the doors open facing the ocean? One word: Yessssssssssssss.



Comments

Popular Posts