No Pro Easter surfing and babe spotting


My intentions of frothing out over the babes on waves at the Rip Curl Bells Beach Pro over Easter didn't happen. Instead I frothed out with the hundreds of other peeps trying to get a wave. It was like Bourke Street mall out there most mornings and aside from one old salty who snaked me a bunch of times, I didn't mind at all. Why? Because after Easter it's going to be super quiet down the coast and the locals and faithful weekenders with their 4/3 wetties (that would be me) will continue to surf.

Plus, I managed to score two of my top 5 waves of all time. Yew! I really hope I've improved a little. One of the old salty locals who slides past me on his longboard doing headstands told me I had a 'graceful dismount'. I've fallen off my board so many times I sometimes try to do it with dignity.

On Monday arvo, when the swell picked up and my arms and shoulders were were too sore (plus, I was a bit chicken to paddle out), I went to watch my mates, Maddog and Dirka surf at Spouts Creek. I was supposed to be filming them catching barrels and ripping but instead I was distracted by the wetsuit changing in the carpark and the significant eye contact I had with one particular babe. I sure hope this babe surfs through winter. Pow! Pow!


Comments

Popular Posts