Lady crush - it's been a while...

Besides my lady idols that I’m always crushing on (Beyonce being one of them), I occasionally come into contact with a lady that I go craaaazy for. And I have had the pleasure of working with one of ill repute and who has been in the public spotlight over the years. She’s a writer and has wit as dry as the desert and a famous husband who she calls a ‘pain in the neck’. I spoke to her on the phone and was all starstruck and squeaked that the first pages of her book were in the post. So not cool as a cucumber.

When I first started this job I was disappointed that I wouldn’t be doing structural editing with the authors but I now realise that I would be so punching above my weight if I had to. There is so much to learn and coming into contact with a lady who I get all breathy and nervous when I speak to her… as if I could ever edit her work! It’s freakin’ inspiring though. I really hope I get to meet her one day and try not to swoon.

Comments

Popular Posts