Bearded babes on waves = YEW!!!

Chris del Moro - A babe in the woods. Yeow!
Back in 2010 I really had a thing for bearded men. Bicycle riding bearded men. And when I started surfing my type became surfers. Then surfer tradies... and since I've moved coastal it's surfer-tradie-bearded-creative types. Dahhhym!

As I am slowly trying to infiltrate become friends with the locals, I have been frequenting the Bird Rock.... and have admired from afar quite a few of the aforementioned hairy types. Last Friday I was chatting away to a surfer-tradie-bearded-creative type and mentioned how I quite liked a man in a beard - I assure you in a conversational not sleazy way.

So what do you think surfer-tradie-bearded-creative type did?

He looked me up and down and said, 'Look at you in your baggy jeans and white t-shirt...' (you thinking TLC? 'Cos I was.) and lit his beard on fire.

It poofed up so quickly in flames he had to slap his face.

Woah. I can safely say I have never invoked that kind of reaction in any man before.

So what did I do?

I wandered back to my mates mainly because the surfer-tradie-bearded-creative type smelt like burned hair. Ew.

Chris del Moro - a bearded babe on the waves. Bing bong!
But on Sunday I had a very positive surfer-tradie-bearded-creative type experience.

I went for a surf with a bunch of mates. 1ft tiny peelers at Fairhaven. Fun? It was awesome! Being true to my new mantra of 'slowing down' I got out after a coupla hours (shoulder was going wickedy wak) - and just as I was getting out I spied three beautiful, and I mean beautiful, surfer-tradie-bearded-creative types having a wonderful time on their longboards.

Single fin longboards, no leashes, dancing around on their boards as if it was no big thing. I could do nothing but sit back, watch and make Ron Burgundy jazz flute noises.

And when one of the surfer-tradie-bearded-creative types dogs came over and sat at my feet and the surfer waved at me, I was all aflutter. He finished his surf, flicked his long hair in a huge arc against the purple rain sky, unpeeled his wetsuit and walked up to the beach to me. All I could do was blush and say, 'I like your dog'. Classy.

(Oh, and why all the pics of Chris del Moro? Well, he is epitomy of the surfer-tradie-bearded-creative type. Sweet jesus.)

Chris del Moro - a bearded babe in a beanie. Caliente!

Comments

Popular Posts