Don't hate the player, hate the game


Come here … go away… come here … go away. Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett did it. Scully and Mulder did it. Chuck and Blair did it. Even Queen Victoria and Prince Albert did it. Totes romantic yet it drives me nuts. There’s a word for it. Actually: two. The tease.

I’m far too impatient.

Every rewarding, healthy, fun – insert any other positive reinforcement –relation I’ve had has happened fairly easily. It hasn’t been a stop/start situation. There haven’t been long conversations with friends with questions like ‘And then he said, ‘blah blah blah’… What do you think it means?’ and all the rest.

Boys/girls, boys/boys/, girls/girls should just flow. But far too many times for my liking, I have found myself in these weird situations where it’s neither here nor there. Is it the beginning of something? Or is it a continual meaningless flirt? Should I fire off a flare to let them know I'm interested? Arrrgh… and then I curse myself that I’m one of those kind of girls that think too much about these things.

My big sister has been drumming into me for the past 10 years, a girl should never bust a move. It took me a while to get the hang of this one. It can be more than a little frustrating. I hate waiting.

Damn girl, did you just bust a move?

Back in the day, one of the best experiences I ever had rolled from one thing to another and badda bing badda boom, we were together. It wasn’t forced. It wasn’t questioned. It just flowed. Now I have this aversion to throwing around any terms alluding to Buddhism for a few reasons but I feel the 'bend like a reed in the wind', 'go with the flow' thing is exactly what should happen when meeting someone.

Come on, fatso, and just bust a move

Now I’m not about to run off to Burning Man, stop wearing leather and become an evangelical new age type – I’d rather shoot myself in the fanny – but I wouldn’t mind some summer lovin’ coming my way and I hope it’s not of the come here… go away… variety.

Just come here. Aight?

Really. It should be that easy.

Comments

  1. when quoting wives one should really give a credit - nicht wahr?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops... 'shoot myself in the fanny' TM.
    Wife # 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. regardless of who coined the phrase...it made me chuckle ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is far too complicated for boys to understand!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts