Kryptonite – the unsolved Ex-Files

Or I was going to call this post ‘They came from Planet Ex’. Back in my early 20s I had an idea for an animated film that was all about a girl who hunted down her ex-boyfriends and ran them over in her hotted up Holden. Upon reflection now I realise it’s kind of a mash-up between Kill Bill and Mad Max. The film never got made because I can’t even draw a straight line let alone conjure up animation. Still I reckon there’s a good story there.


Years later the kryptonite still persists. For someone who hasn’t had loads of boyfriends, I sure seem to have a lot of kryptonite. The ex-men that are the weakening force. Luckily I don’t have any of them in Melbourne right now. Phew. They’re still there though – those people in the past that are ready to pop up any time and mess with your future.


Recently I had one of my closest friends visit me in Melbs and we got talking about old times and sure enough a kryptonite or two came up in conversation. It’s literally the stuff of nightmares for me – I go to their wedding and yet they hustle me away in some back room and BAM before I realise it it’s all gone wrong and I’m left dishevelled and they’re the one going on the honeymoon. Luckily this hasn’t happened but it has been a recurring bad dream of late. In fact I’ve had a lot of really disturbing nightmares in the past few months. Wake up in a cold sweat ones. Is it the new doona? The new flat? Or am I working too hard?

Back to the kryptonite though. It does perplex me. How is it that a manchild who can be so terribly bad for you, cause so much heartache and yet every time you see each other, even years later, you’re the ice cream and they’re the spoon? Perhaps that’s why I inadvertently keep my distance with men. I’m trying to retain my strength. I'm more than a little afraid of kryptonite. Or should I just give in?

Comments

  1. Love it.

    I know they've had their ups and mega downs, but I so wish Pammy and Tommy would get back together ... or are they back together? Either way, they're like peaches and cream and a coach and a team ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts